East Asian Futsal Championship 2009
AFC Futsal Championship 2010 East Zone Qualifiers
East Asian Football Federation (EAFF)
China Football Association
Beijing University of Technology, Beijing, China PR
China PR (hosts), Chinese Taipei, Guam, Hong Kong-China, Japan, Korea Rep., Macau-China
Seven teams split into two groups (Group A & B) to play round robin matches. The top two teams from each group progress to the knock out stage with the top three teams, excluding Japan, earning qualification for the AFC Futsal Championship 2010.
※Due to Japan finishing third at the AFC Futsal Championship 2008 in May 2008, their qualification is already assured and Japan will be entered as a seeded country at the 2010 competition.
Ranking System and Method：
1. Three (3) points for a win, one (1) point for a draw and none for a defeat.
2. The ranking of each team will be determined by the greatest number of points obtained in all matches as in (1)
3. If two (2) or more teams are equal on points their rankings will be determined as follows:
1)Head to head difference between the teams of 1) greatest number of points 2) goal difference, 3) greater number of goals scored
2)Group stage totals of 1) goal difference, 2) greater number of goals scored
3)Shots from the penalty mark if only two teams are involved and they are both on the field of play
4)The number of yellow and red cards each team has received in the group stage
5)Drawing of lots
Knock Out Stage
1. One match only, to decide the winner
2. In the case of a draw extra time will be played. If that still doesn't decide the match then a penalty shoot out will decide the winner.